Maxtonx
I’m getting this error when I try to run server
Application tzdata exited: exited in: Tzdata.App.start(:normal, [])
** (EXIT) an exception was raised:
** (MatchError) no match of right hand side value: {:error, {:shutdown, {:failed_to_start_child, Tzdata.EtsHolder, {:function_clause, [{String, :replace, [nil, ".v2.ets", "", []], [file: 'lib/string.ex', line: 1410]}, {Tzdata.EtsHolder, :load_release, 0, [file: 'lib/tzdata/ets_holder.ex', line: 55]}, {:gen_server, :init_it, 2, [file: 'gen_server.erl', line: 374]}, {:gen_server, :init_it, 6, [file: 'gen_server.erl', line: 342]}, {:proc_lib, :init_p_do_apply, 3, [file: 'proc_lib.erl', line: 249]}]}}}}
(tzdata 1.0.3) lib/tzdata/tzdata_app.ex:17: Tzdata.App.start/2
(kernel 6.5.2) application_master.erl:277: :application_master.start_it_old/4
** (Mix) Could not start application tzdata: exited in: Tzdata.App.start(:normal, [])
** (EXIT) an exception was raised:
** (MatchError) no match of right hand side value: {:error, {:shutdown, {:failed_to_start_child, Tzdata.EtsHolder, {:function_clause, [{String, :replace, [nil, ".v2.ets", "", []], [file: 'lib/string.ex', line: 1410]}, {Tzdata.EtsHolder, :load_release, 0, [file: 'lib/tzdata/ets_holder.ex', line: 55]}, {:gen_server, :init_it, 2, [file: 'gen_server.erl', line: 374]}, {:gen_server, :init_it, 6, [file: 'gen_server.erl', line: 342]}, {:proc_lib, :init_p_do_apply, 3, [file: 'proc_lib.erl', line: 249]}]}}}}
(tzdata 1.0.3) lib/tzdata/tzdata_app.ex:17: Tzdata.App.start/2
(kernel 6.5.2) application_master.erl:277: :application_master.start_it_old/4
I tried killing running beam which was running but didn’t work
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 7- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
dimitarvp
This might be a long shot but have you tried updating the library?
Additionally, fully rebuild your app:
rm -rf _build deps && mix compileand see if that fixes it.siddhant3030
I’m also getting the same error. Is it because there is already elixir server pid is running. I don’t know what is causing this
Please suggest anything
dimitarvp
Tried another Erlang version?
siddhant3030
rm -rf _build deps && mix compile apparently this works. But I have to do it two-three times. I want to know how the error lead to this?
dimitarvp
Might be related to some small compilation bugs in OTP 22 that might have been fixed in the meantime.
Did you try with OTP 23?
siddhant3030
This is it
dimitarvp
This is likely not at all related but have you noticed that you installed an Elixir compiled with OTP 21 while you have OTP 22 installed? No biggie but you’re missing out on some functionality.
If you can afford it, just upgrade to OTP 23.0.2 and then install Elixir 1.10.3 (compiled with OTP 23!), and then try again.