romenigld
I installed the Dart Sass and I am trying to put a background image:
html {
background: url(images/background.svg) no-repeat center center fixed;
-webkit-background-size: cover;
-moz-background-size: cover;
-o-background-size: cover;
}
my assets images has this:
$ tree assets/images
assets/images
├── background.svg
└── cryptos
├── btc.svg
├── eth.svg
└── ltc.svg
And when I run the phoenix server I am having this log error:
[info] GET /assets/images/background.svg
[debug] ** (Phoenix.Router.NoRouteError) no route found for GET /assets/images/background.svg (PoeticoinsWeb.Router)
(poeticoins 0.1.0) lib/phoenix/router.ex:406: PoeticoinsWeb.Router.call/2
(poeticoins 0.1.0) lib/poeticoins_web/endpoint.ex:1: PoeticoinsWeb.Endpoint.plug_builder_call/2
(poeticoins 0.1.0) lib/plug/debugger.ex:136: PoeticoinsWeb.Endpoint."call (overridable 3)"/2
(poeticoins 0.1.0) lib/poeticoins_web/endpoint.ex:1: PoeticoinsWeb.Endpoint.call/2
(phoenix 1.6.6) lib/phoenix/endpoint/cowboy2_handler.ex:54: Phoenix.Endpoint.Cowboy2Handler.init/4
(cowboy 2.9.0) /Users/romenigld/workspace/elixir/poeticoding/poeticoins/deps/cowboy/src/cowboy_handler.erl:37: :cowboy_handler.execute/2
(cowboy 2.9.0) /Users/romenigld/workspace/elixir/poeticoding/poeticoins/deps/cowboy/src/cowboy_stream_h.erl:306: :cowboy_stream_h.execute/3
(cowboy 2.9.0) /Users/romenigld/workspace/elixir/poeticoding/poeticoins/deps/cowboy/src/cowboy_stream_h.erl:295: :cowboy_stream_h.request_process/3
(stdlib 3.16.1) proc_lib.erl:226: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3
Compiled css/app.scss to ../priv/static/assets/app.css.
[debug] Live reload: priv/static/assets/app.css
[debug] Live reload: priv/static/assets/app.css
My project on Github
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 9- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
LostKobrakai
The default phoenix pipeline does no longer copy static assets. You need to put those files into
priv/static/…romenigld
so every time I need to copy the images?
And when I deployed it will work?
romenigld
It was this, thank you @LostKobrakai!
Does anyone have the configuration for doing this automatically?
LostKobrakai
You could just not have the files in
assets, but maintain them only inpriv/staticromenigld
I removed it and is ok with that, thank you!
I have another question.
When I run the
mix assets.deployit was created files with the *.gz extension, is it ok to have those files repeated?As you can see I have one with the same name and others like a big number hash.
Those files will be created every time when I run the assets deploy?
mcrumm
Yes– these are the “digested” versions of your static assets. The hashes in the filename represent a specific version of your asset and they are used for cache-busting on the client-side. The ones with the
.gzextension are created by the default gzip compressor. Check out thePhoenix.Digestor.Compressorfor other compression options.Yes–
assets.deployis a Mix Task alias defined in yourmix.exsthat builds and digests assets. Usually you only need to run this task for your production deployment, but running it locally is okayIf you want to clean up all the digested assets, run the
phx.digest.cleantask with the--allflag:romenigld
Thank you @mcrumm for reply!
I am now trying to show the .svg icons from the folder
priv/static/images/cryptos/btc.svg.And they are not shown. I tried other paths.
Sorry, but what do I need to do to show this?
mcrumm
Use the
Routes.static_path()helper and you should be good to goLook for examples in your layout templates.
romenigld
The problem was I downloaded the svg file with curl and I don’t now why it was like HTML code.
I downloaded now the SVG code and it worked.
Thank you"