jan-swiatek
Hello,
I’ve just started learning Elixir few weeks ago and I really enjoy that language.
Currently, I’d like to start with machine learning / deep learning using Nx and Axon. I have an old NVIDIA GPU (NVS 510). In Python I could use PyTorch with CUDA, but for Elixir there aren’t that much tutorials showing how to set everything up. I’ve seen some articles about Axon and in all of them they use EXLA.
How to use full potential of my computer? Should I do everything just as it is shown in articles or is there a better way?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
NduatiK
Have a look at this post https://forum.elixirforum.com/t/compiling-xla-with-cuda-11-2-support-needed/42528/4.
I usually have to set these env variables
XLA_TARGET=cuda111 EXLA_TARGET=cuda LIBTORCH_TARGET=cudaAt the moment looks like Cuda 11.1 is prebuilt which might not be supported. From the post linekd above, you might have to do a custom Bazel build, but I’m not sure
jan-swiatek
Thanks! I’ll definitely try that.
If I understood correctly, even EXLA on CPU should run faster than training on CPU / GPU?
NduatiK
Yes should be faster than plain Elixir on CPU. Using GPU would be ideal, but for smaller datasets, XLA CPU is pretty fast.
You can find some stats here (just find the word benchmarks)