Offering long term Elixir development services (1 senior + 2 juniors)

Hello,

My name is Adrián, and I’m an experienced Elixir developer with over seven years of experience in Elixir. I have run my company for 15 years, developing software for several European startups and working on our products.

I’m well aware of the challenges of software development, and I’m passionate about it.

As someone with extensive experience in Elixir development, I would like to share my services with you. If you are now in a position to recruit talent for your company, I will tell you why this is a good fit for you.

When it comes to adopting Elixir, I understand that it can be a complex process, especially if you need to become more familiar with the language or the Phoenix Framework. However, my experience working with Elixir means I can provide the support and information necessary to make the adoption process as smooth as possible.

I understand the importance of code maintenance in ensuring the longevity and stability of a software product. Elixir is a relatively new language, so code maintenance can be more challenging than with more established languages. However, my experience in writing and maintaining Elixir code means that I can help ensure your codebase is clean, efficient, and easy to maintain over the long term.

Scalability is a critical consideration for any product, and Elixir is known for its ability to scale well. However, scaling an Elixir system without the necessary experience and resources can be challenging. My expertise in building scalable Elixir systems means I can help ensure your product can handle increased traffic and usage as your company grows.

I am intensely interested in AI and have completed a “Deep Learning Specialization” course from deepLearning.ai, with the maximum qualifications. Additionally, I have experience working on and training AI projects related to TTS using Tacotron2. The field of AI is endlessly fascinating, and I’m constantly striving to deepen my knowledge and expertise.

As an experienced project manager, I understand the importance of a well-run project. I have worked with companies of all sizes and have helped them grow and succeed. With my knowledge of Elixir, I can help you deliver your product on time and to the highest possible standards.

As a seasoned programmer with over seven years of experience in Elixir, I am well-versed in using Phoenix Framework and Phoenix Live View, and data ingestion. I’ve also completed several IoT projects using the Nerves framework, including one for a physiotherapy center with a Phoenix interface on a Raspberry PI 3. I’ve even written several articles about how I set up that project because it was the beginning of the Nerves project.

In my quest to master Elixir, I’ve read countless books on the subject, such as:

• Thinking functionally
  • Concurrent data processing in Elixir
  • Elixir graphs
  • Real-time Phoenix
  • Deploying Elixir
  • Programming Ecto
  • Programming Phoenix 1.4
  • Programming Phoenix LiveView
  • Metaprogramming Elixir
  • Adopting Elixir
  • Functional Web Development with Elixir, OTP, and Phoenix
  • The little Elixir & OTP Guidebook
  • Take off Elixir

I’m especially drawn to the functional programming paradigm that Elixir embodies, and I’m always excited to discover new ways to leverage its power.

I am passionate about managing Linux systems and love working with bare metal machines. While I’ve used tools like Puppet and Salt in the past, Ansible is my preferred option for managing these systems effectively.

While I have experience creating Kubernetes clusters, they can be quite complex to maintain and often aren’t worth the effort.

I like optimizing database performance, including creating backups with Barman, setting up hot standbys, and implementing performance enhancements wherever possible.

As the CEO of my own company and a CTO for other startups, I have a wealth of experience in project management. I understand the ins and outs of project cycles and have helped numerous companies achieve growth and success. I’ve worked on projects for Google in the past and have seen firsthand how rewarding it can be to watch a company flourish.

To hone my skills in this area, I’ve read many books on project management, including:

• Rework
  • Remote
  • Getting real
  • Competing against luck
  • From single to scale
  • Will it fly
  • Building a storybrand
  • Atomic Habits

… and many more

I’m currently mentoring two talented junior developers in Elixir, and Phoenix. These developers have shown great potential and are now working on rewriting one of our projects from Django to Phoenix.

The developers will stay with me for one more month, and since they are making good progress, I’d like to find a project for them where we could help. The idea is to make them join a project, and I will be mentoring them in their tasks until they are fully autonomous.

They have a fresh perspective and enthusiasm for Elixir development, are eager to learn, and are passionate about the potential of the language to solve complex problems.

Additionally, by working under my mentorship, they receive expert guidance and support from someone with over seven years of experience in Elixir and Phoenix Framework development. This means that they are learning from the ground up and being taught the best practices and techniques for building maintainable, scalable, and performant Elixir applications.

By taking on junior developers, you are investing in your company’s future. These developers have the potential to grow into valuable team members and leaders within your organization, providing a long-term benefit to your company.

Overall, combining my expert guidance and the enthusiasm and talent of these junior developers will significantly benefit your company. If you’re interested in discussing this opportunity further, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for your time!

Adrián

10 Likes

Hey @adrian we’re a startup currently looking for Elixir developers. We have a long term vision and need help getting there - let me know if you are still looking for engagements, would love to chat.

1 Like

Hello @klixir !

We are still open to discussions; we can arrange a meeting when you want. I will send you a DM.