OK, I created a Phoenix application (after reading numerous books), now how do I deploy it?

That talk is helpful if you know over half of the things he is talking about.

I think the OP is right – written documentation about deployment is scarce, and I have also noticed that, but thought maybe I did not search hard enough.

Ideally, such documentation would answer the following questions:

• What options do I have to release software?
  • What is considered good practice, and which approaches are bad or even dangerous, and why?
  • What if I want to deploy without docker, ansible, chef or something? You know, the least-tools-possible-learn-everything-unix-shell way?

I hope for the 1.9.0 release feature to standardize things, but have not found blog posts yet.

And as a last nitpick, and that is purely my taste: “There is no written documentation, but in this two-hour youtube video, maybe there are ten minutes about what you need” frustrates me to no end.

(Clarification: No one has said this quite in that way in this forum, and I am not aiming for provocation. I want to emphasize what is not helpful to me, personally. Youtube videos are probably better than nothing at all for many people.)

3 Likes