On Fire With Phoenix (CodeSchool)

Looks neat :023:

https://www.codeschool.com/courses/on-fire-with-phoenix

by @caike

LEVEL 1
Sparks of Data
Get to know Phoenix and learn how to read existing data from the database.

LEVEL 2
Responding With Data
Discover how to respond to client requests with text and HTML rendered responses.

LEVEL 3
New Records
Create new records by first rendering forms and then processing user data once the form is submitted.

LEVEL 4
Migrations & Associations
Use Phoenix to create tables in the database and create associations between schemas.

LEVEL 5
Using Contexts
Learn a design practice which helps keep code organized and provides a solid foundation to grow our Phoenix application from.

8 Likes

Well done @caike :smile:

3 Likes

Great to see another course. I started with the one on The Pragmatic Studio, but I still have a lot to learn.

Do you know of a course about developing Elixir and Phoenix in Docker and deploying the app in cloud?

I plan to start building an application, but first I need to make sure I understand the context from development testing and deployment, and from what I understand, when it comes to using Elixir in containers, you need to consider some aspects in development about how to deal with state management, having the app on multiple nodes to make sure you are safe when the container is destroyed. I am not an expert in using containers, but I feel I must learn this and I can not figure out where to start. If any of you could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.