Infiplaya
Hello guys, I want to build a form that will make me edit information about Post. Post has title, description and short bullet points, that are associated with the post through one to many relationship. Weird thing is that it works when I want to edit a post that has bullet points, but when creating new one or editing post without bullets, it does not work.
This is my form component:
@impl true
def render(assigns) do
~H"""
<div>
<.header>
<%= @title %>
<:subtitle>Użyj tego formularza aby dodać nowego posta</:subtitle>
</.header>
<.simple_form
for={@form}
id="post-form"
phx-target={@myself}
phx-change="validate"
phx-submit="save"
>
<.input field={@form[:title]} type="text" label="Tytuł" />
<.input field={@form[:description]} type="textarea" label="Opis (do 1000 znaków)" />
<fieldset>
<.inputs_for :let={bullet_form} field={@form[:bullet_points]}>
<.input type="text" field={bullet_form[:content]} label="Bullet" />
</.inputs_for>
</fieldset>
<:actions>
<.button phx-disable-with="Saving...">Add Post</.button>
</:actions>
</.simple_form>
</div>
"""
end
@impl true
def update(%{post: post} = assigns, socket) do
changeset = Articles.change_post(post)
{:ok,
socket
|> assign(assigns)
|> assign_form(changeset)}
end
@impl true
def handle_event("validate", %{"post" => post_params}, socket) do
changeset =
socket.assigns.post
|> Articles.change_post(post_params)
|> Map.put(:action, :validate)
{:noreply, assign_form(socket, changeset)}
end
def handle_event("save", %{"post" => post_params}, socket) do
save_question(socket, socket.assigns.action, post_params)
end
defp save_question(socket, :edit, post_params) do
case Articles.update_post(socket.assigns.post, post_params) do
{:ok, post} ->
notify_parent({:saved, post})
{:noreply,
socket
|> put_flash(:info, "Post updated successfully")
|> push_patch(to: socket.assigns.patch)}
{:error, %Ecto.Changeset{} = changeset} ->
{:noreply, assign_form(socket, changeset)}
end
end
defp save_question(socket, :new, post_params) do
case Articles.create_post(post_params) do
{:ok, post} ->
notify_parent({:saved, post})
{:noreply,
socket
|> put_flash(:info, "Post created successfully")
|> push_patch(to: socket.assigns.patch)}
{:error, %Ecto.Changeset{} = changeset} ->
{:noreply, assign_form(socket, changeset)}
end
end
defp assign_form(socket, %Ecto.Changeset{} = changeset) do
assign(socket, :form, to_form(changeset))
end
defp notify_parent(msg), do: send(self(), {__MODULE__, msg})
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
t0nghe
How is it going with this issue now?
I’m trying to do something similar. This rendering pattern is already quite helpful to me to move forward.
kodi
@t0nghe have you figured out how to proceed with issue.
NicolasT
Hey
Have you tried using the Ecto options
drop_paramandsort_param(doc) for that purpose ?Here is a nice article about them: Sorting and Deleting many-to-many assocs with Ecto and LiveView · The Phoenix Files
This demo from Chris McCord might also help: https://youtu.be/FADQAnq0RpA?si=aNjxadeLXE3jd-mp&t=2525
t0nghe
Sorry for my late reply! I was working on a personal project at the time. I’ve since forgotten about that project (and the problems I met along the way…) (Facepalm)