I am not sure if this is the right place to post this and I am sorry if this comes across as blatant self promotion. I have just open sourced my first Elixir/Phoenix application and wanted to share it -
This is the source code for my new website - Authentic Pixels.
This project has been a great learning experience for me. Coming from Ruby on Rails, there are a lot of things that are done differently in Elixir/Phoenix and building this app has helped me understand the “Elixir way” of doing things.
As a quick summary, here are some of the things that I found interesting while building it. These are the things that I feel you guys might interested in taking a look at -
- Dynamically adding and removing nested records (e.g: Product has many variants)
- Handling many-to-many associations and validating them (e.g: Product has many Categories and Categories have many products)
- Uploading images to Cloudinary
- Using Webpack instead of Brunch
- Creating Sitemaps and running a cron task to regularly run the sitemap generation task
- Sending HTML emails (using Bamboo & Sendgrid)
- Separating admin area from frontend using different layouts and scopes in router.ex
I have added the demo link & some screenshots in the README file. I also plan to write a more detailed blog post about my experience with Phoenix shortly.
Do share your thoughts and critiques.