yuchunc

yuchunc

Hi,

A third party API is very strict about request headers, it allows nothing but the ones documented. I’m using HTTPoison as REST client, but it’s underlying library, Hackney, adds some header information, and the third party service would error. Is there some options I can set to disable this behaviour on Hackney? Or do I have to override the default module?

Thank you!

Showing Posts 1 to 4

hazardfn

hazardfn

I just looked through the source code for hackney and there doesn’t seem to be any kind of toggle you could set to stop the default headers from being added - I think it would be a beneficial feature if you’d be willing to add it in the spirit of open source :slight_smile:.

https://github.com/benoitc/hackney/blob/2f55c0d37f9d5942b976272a1df5adecca4edc61/src/hackney_request.erl#L37

yuchunc

yuchunc OP

For sure! But I have never written any erlang, probably need to fumble with it for a bit.

yuchunc

yuchunc OP

Hi @hazardfn

I got a PR going to add an option to disable library headers, it’s the result of fiddling with code in /deps. I have very little experience with erlang, and can’t seem to figure out how to get the test suite to run. If it is not too much trouble, can you take a look at the PR, and point me in some general direction on how to properly test it?

Thank you!

hazardfn

hazardfn

I have left some comments on the PR, I can’t speak to benoitc’s personal tastes regarding formatting etc but I offered some pointers of how I’d have laid it out.

The big thing is there may be an unintentional side-effect in your PR that you should investigate and be sure isn’t going to cause problems :). More details in the PR.

https://github.com/benoitc/hackney/pull/532

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews