c4lliope

c4lliope

Hello, @dominicletz ! I’m glad to see you merged my upgrades for elixir-desktop! I’m really pleased by the experience and hope to package mobile apps soon also.

I’m a couple days in managing a recompilation of GitHub - elixir-desktop/runtimes: Erlang / Elixir runtimes for Android and iOS · GitHub for OTP 26. I had no luck running the mix package.android.runtime (or .ios) commands, relying on the docker cross-compilation images. I ran the commands on Nix OS and Ubuntu and both had similar issues.

I am also checking in on the OTP compilation guides:

I’ll likely need to run them on Ubuntu, as NixOS produces errors regarding linked libraries.

Can you remark on the compilation process for OTP on mobile? This seems like a core piece of the packaging that needs more public comprehension. I hope coders in our position can someday rely on a build pipeline, to ensure rolling upgrades for any OTP (or Android or iOS) changes, for years to come.

Showing Posts 1 to 1

dominicletz

dominicletz

Creator of Elixir Desktop

Hey @c4lliope ,

great that you had a chance to play with this. Yes indeed I would like to update those to a more recent version of OTP as well. But didn’t have the time yet. It’s unfortunate to hear that the builds did break in the meantime. That said I don’t think the issues can be too deep. I’ve upstreamed a github CI job for OTP to build on iOS on every commit and it seems that is still showing green:

Link to the most recent commit and it’s iOS build job on erlang/OTP
https://github.com/erlang/otp/actions/runs/6970879678/job/18970298816

That said I’ll probably have some time next week to update the runtimes repo. If not feel free to give me another ping. :slight_smile:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews