hectorperez

hectorperez

Hi!

I was going to play with the package openai [1] in a livebook notebook.

In the setup I added:

Mix.install([
  {:openai, "~> 0.1.1"}
])

However, I don’t know how/where to add the config (API key):

use Mix.Config

config :openai,
  api_key: "your-api-key",
  organization_key: "your-organization-key

Where should I place the package config (API key) so I can use it in a livebook notebook?
Thanks!

[1] GitHub - mgallo/openai.ex: community-maintained OpenAI API Wrapper written in Elixir. · GitHub

Showing Posts 1 to 5

LostKobrakai

LostKobrakai

Mix — Mix v1.20.2 see the second example

hectorperez

hectorperez OP

I missed that, thank you @LostKobrakai!

As a reference, I added this and it worked:

Mix.install(
  [{:openai, "~> 0.1.1"}],
  config: [
    openai: [
      api_key: "...",
      organisation_key: "...",
    ]
  ]
)
soyjeansoy

soyjeansoy

thanks for the tip!

Anko

Anko

Just wondering how I’d do it for something like Snap, GitHub - breakroom/snap: An Elasticsearch/OpenSearch client for Elixir · GitHub

It’s looking for a module to be created that you reference in the config, but if the config is in the Mix.install, then you can’t have a module defined before that

Anko

Anko

To answer my own question :stuck_out_tongue:

Mix.install([
  {:snap, "~> 0.9.0"},
  {:kino, "~> 0.12.3"},
  {:finch, "~> 0.18.0"}
])

defmodule Elastic do
  use Snap.Cluster, otp_app: :snap
end

Kino.start_child!({Elastic, [url: "http://elastic.local:9200"]})

Snap.Search.search(Elastic, "products", %{query: %{match_all: %{}}})
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews