niku
I write an article Parameterized testing with ExUnit.The key concept is using ExUnit.Case.register_test/4 such as
ExUnit.start()
defmodule ParameterizedTest do
use ExUnit.Case, async: true
ExUnit.Case.register_attribute __ENV__, :pair
for {lhs, rhs} <- [{"one", 1}, {"two", 2}, {"three", 3}] do
@pair {lhs, rhs}
test "#{lhs} convert to #{rhs}", context do
{l, r} = context.registered.pair
assert l === r
end
end
test "pair should not have any value" do
assert nil === @pair
end
end
Trending in Guides/Tuts
I’ve spent some time understanding how to do hot code reloading with releases built using mix release, and here I’d like to detail the st...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
hauleth
I do not get why do you need attribute at all. Why not:
niku
Because I have never thought it until you mentioned.
It seems the code that you write is more smarter than I write. I use it.
Thanks a lot
kazlu
I know this is an old forum, but I’m super new to elixir and I’d like to know why this works.
Thanks in advance.
c4710n
That’s a metaprogramming feature - unquote fragments, which provide an easy way to generate code dynamically.
Learn more at unquote fragments.
(And, welcome