Hi Elixir Forum,
If you currently use reCaptcha or a CDN based bot defense (Cloudflare, Akamai, etc.), you’re familiar with the problems bots cause. I’ve seen bypasses of both these systems via:
- Outsourced/automated captcha solving.
- Hosts leaking their IP address, leading to the CDN protection being completely bypassed.
The key features of Paraxial.io are:
- You install the agent through your mix file.
- You can define a rule like, “If an IP sends > 10 logins in 10 seconds, ban it”. Unlike a CDN based approach, this cannot be bypassed due to a host IP leak.
- If an attacker is using a cloud server (AWS, GCP, etc.) for a large pool of IPs (see Bypassing IP Based Blocking with AWS API Gateway), the Paraxial.io agent can be configured to block cloud provider IPs.
- You control the data you want to send to the Paraxial.io backend, unlike a CDN where all your data has to pass through a third party server.
- A nice dashboard showing allowed and blocked requests.
The price for a personal account is $27 per month, where your site has less than 10,000 good events per month. If you sign up for the beta and provide feedback, I’m happy to drop that to $9. Business pricing scales with the number of requests.
To get access, email email@example.com and I’ll add your email to the approved users list.
I hope this is posted under the correct category, I can move it if it violates a forum rule. Thank you!