sbaildon

sbaildon

Elixir friends — I have a dataframe where I need to send different partitions based on a grouped column to different systems. Is there a way to efficiently split a dataframe into multiple?

Polars has partition_by and R has group_split but neither appear to be available in Explorer. Do I have other options?

DataFrame.from_query!(conn, “select * from events;”)
|> DataFrame.group_by(:event_type)
|> ...split into multiple frames
|> Enum.each(&dispatch_to_subsystem/1)

Showing Posts 1 to 2

billylanchantin

billylanchantin

We do appear to be missing this functionality!

Here’s an example workaround:

require Explorer.DataFrame, as: DF
require Explorer.Series, as: S

df = Explorer.Datasets.iris()
column = “species”

for value <- df[column] |> S.distinct |> S.to_list, into: %{} do
  {value, df |> DF.filter(col(^column) == ^value) |> DF.discard(column)}
end
sbaildon

sbaildon OP

Thank you. Works as requested :slight_smile:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews