UnderFenex

UnderFenex

Hi, is it possible to insert a variable function in the pipe operartor?. Something like this:

def list_long_trade_fe(schema, function) do    
    long_trades_fe(schema)
      |> ^function()
end

Showing Posts 1 to 6

gregvaughn

gregvaughn

You need to invoke the anonymous function

def list_long_trade_fe(schema, function) do 
  long_trades_fe(schema) 
  |> function.()
end
UnderFenex

UnderFenex OP

@gregvaughn. It is working, however the function needs 1 parameter, and this parameter will be inserted during the pipe. But elixir is asking for the parameter during compilation.

undefined function retest_long_select_fields/0

What would be the solution?

NobbZ

NobbZ

The snippet you have shown does not reference that name, perhaps its a problem on the callsite?

UnderFenex

UnderFenex OP

The complete functions are like these:

In this case, I plan to execute this:

list_long_trade_fe(RetestLong, :retest_long_category, retest_long_select_fields)

 def long_trades_fe(schema, category_atom) do  
    schema      
      |> join(:inner, [lt], er in assoc(lt, :exit_reason))
      |> join(:inner, [lt], ltc in assoc(lt, ^category_atom))
      |> join(:inner, [lt], f in assoc(lt, :fact))
      |> join(:inner, [_, _, _, f], s in assoc(f, :stock))      
  end

  def retest_long_select_fields(query) do
    query
      |> select([lt, er, ltc, f, s], %ShowRetestLongFE{
        atr: f.atr,
        best_entry_price: lt.best_entry_price,
        best_exit_price: lt.best_exit_price
        })
  end

  def list_long_trade_fe(schema, schema_category, fields_function) do    
    long_trades_fe(schema, schema_category)
      |> fields_function.()
end
peerreynders

peerreynders

list_long_trade_fe(RetestLong, :retest_long_category, &retest_long_select_fields/1)
UnderFenex

UnderFenex OP

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews