benonymus

benonymus

Hey,

I am using elixir-pdf-generator,
and it has been working great so far, but my docker image has been updated, and cannot set it to the old digest(elixir@sha256:d01bf3cfcea150f71fc8f729bfda0ee55b44379aa782b1221acce269ddcbe411) - this digest worked 2 days ago but not anymore…
It is an alpine image, locally on ubuntu in the container everything works.

Anyway it broke wkhtmltopdf(got updated to 0.12.6) and gives an error that says:

(MatchError) no match of right hand side value: {:error, {:generator_failed, "QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'

Now through my research I found that this issue could be solved by passing this

–enable-local-file-access

flag to wkhtmltopdf.

You are supposed to be able to pass flags throught shell_params in the pdf generator but it does not take effect.
I tried to pass it as a string and as a list of one string.

Any ideas foe either of the 2, or similar experience?

Update by adding

XDG_RUNTIME_DIR: /tmp

To the yml this error is gone, but there is a new one:

(MatchError) no match of right hand side value: {:error, {:generator_failed, "Loading page (1/2)\n[> ] 0%\r[==============> ] 24%\r"}}

This was there before too just the XDG_RUNTIME_DIR related part is gone.

Some more logs here:
https://github.com/gutschilla/elixir-pdf-generator/issues/79

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews