Paulo Renato, Edinburgh (Scotland) - Elixir Developer or Developer Advocate (Remote, Full-time or Contract)

Hello Everyone :wave:

:white_check_mark: I am Paulo Renato, located in the United Kingdom (Scotland), and I am seeking a fully remote role as a Software Engineer, Developer Advocate, or to provide Advisory/Consulting Services. While I am open to traveling for company quarterly meetups/events, I am not available for weekly or monthly office presences.

:closed_lock_with_key: I have over 14 years of experience as a Software Engineer, with 9 years focused on development and 5 years as a Developer Advocate for Mobile API Security.

:mag_right: I am a self-taught developer with a mindset of continuous learning. I advocate for clean code, clean architecture, API design-first, and adopting a security by default posture. As a Software Engineer, I enjoy making an impact on system architecture design to enhance security, resilience, performance, and developer productivity. As a Developer Advocate, I thrive on researching and creating proof of concepts (PoCs), quickstarts, and demos.

:hammer_and_wrench: I am eager to work with languages such as Elixir, PHP, Python, Javascript and Golang, but I am not limited to these. I am also very keen on exploring roles in the AI space.

:rocket: Let’s connect and build something great!

:globe_with_meridians: Find me at:

Achievements

This is only an overview of my achievements. Please visit my Linkedin profile for more details.

:droplet: As an Elixir Software Engineer, I have successfully delivered projects on time, even with tight deadlines, impacting thousands of employers and employees across 70+ countries.

:technologist: As PHP Software Engineer I was the main developer of a Real-time Analytics platform where I reduced the processing time from being 2 hours behind to under 5 minutes, using only PHP, MySQL, and ElasticSearch.

:technologist: As a freelance PHP developer, I led complex migrations of online stores, resulting in improved user experience and increased sales.

:avocado: As a Developer Advocate I have created streamlined demos, quickstarts and revamped the documentation, boosting user experience and reducing support tickets. Established myself as a mobile API security expert on Stack Overflow and authored a guide for DZone. Increased trial sign-ups and developer productivity with my suggestions to automate onboarding and improvements for the Approov CLI/SDK.

4 Likes