fidr
I build an easy-to-use process-less HTTP client build on Mint. It should cover the basic needs, without needing to deep-dive into Mint itself.
Some examples:
GET
{:ok, %{status: 200, headers: headers, body: body}} =
Peppermint.get("http://httpbin.org/get?foo=bar")
POST
{:ok, %{status: 200, headers: headers, body: body}} =
Peppermint.post("http://httpbin.org/post", params: %{foo: "bar"})
POST JSON
{:ok, %{status: 200, headers: headers, body: body}} =
Peppermint.post("http://httpbin.org/post",
headers: [{"Content-Type", "application/json"}],
body: Jason.encode!(%{foo: "bar"})
)
Check the docs for more info.
I’m open to suggestions and feature requests, although I do try to keep it simple.
Let me know what you think!
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Other Trending Topics
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
Hey folks,
I just published a post about Hologram’s funding and where the project goes next - the short version:
Curiosum as Main Spons...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
lalo2302
Amazing and simple. Thanks for contributing!
Maybe a noob question. But why would I prefer a pool-less library rather than a process based like HTTPoison?
The only one I can think of is for not blocking requests.
fidr
Not a noob question at all. I find that I don’t need a pool for most of my use cases. If I do need one, I’d rather handle it myself.
A pool helps when you need to do multiple subsequent requests to the same host. You could spawn a new process for each request, but then you might overload the target with too many connections. A pool will limit the amount of connections to a single host and reuse connections to optimise throughput.
HTTPoison / hackney is actually pretty nice. It will keep a single connection open and re-use it for next requests. I just prefer Mint over hackney because of stability and correct SSL handling.
fidr
Just released v0.3.0:
v0.3.0
Peppermint.Connection: force HTTP/1 requests to be handled sequentiallyv0.2.0
Peppermint.Connection. A GenServer that can handle multiple requests simultaneously.Peppermintin custom processes.kodepett
Awesome library, I find myself making a one off request to an upstream server, most of the http clients maintained a connection pool to the server after the initial request which was unnecessary in this context.
Mintwas too low level, I just stumbled across this library.One reason to prefer a process-less over a process base will be the overhead of copying the response.
Thank you for the great work.