hectorsq
I am currently using an MSSQL database through tds_ecto.
Since tds_ecto currently works with ecto 2 I made the following changes to mix.exs
def application do
[
mod: {Hello.Application, []},
extra_applications: [:logger, :runtime_tools, :tds_ecto, :ecto]
]
end
defp deps do
[
{:phoenix, "~> 1.4.0"},
{:phoenix_pubsub, "~> 1.1"},
{:phoenix_ecto, "~> 3.0"},
{:ecto, "~> 2.2"},
{:tds_ecto, "~> 2.2"},
{:phoenix_html, "~> 2.11"},
{:phoenix_live_reload, "~> 1.2", only: :dev},
{:gettext, "~> 0.11"},
{:jason, "~> 1.0"},
{:plug_cowboy, "~> 2.0"}
]
end
Does Phoenix 1.4 work with Ecto 2?
Should I revert to Phoenix 1.3?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Linuus
Do you have any problems?
josevalim
Phoenix v1.4 should work just fine with Ecto 2, yeah. Your versions look good too!
dwahyudi
You can run phoenix without ecto. You can use ecto without phoenix.
I have 3 command line projects, no web interaction, they all got ecto but no phoenix.
These are 2 separated frameworks.
hectorsq
@Linuus, I’ve just tested with a demo app, everything is working fine.
@josevalim, thanks for confirming it, congrats for the new version!
@dwahyudi, that’s why I love phoenix and ecto!