AliSajid

AliSajid

Hello

I am new to elixir and want to start learning Phoenix from the latest 1.7 version as I have heard it has major changes from previous versions of the framework. I am looking for recommendations on good material so that I can start learning this framework from the start.

Unfortunately I am having a hard time finding updated material for beginners. I recently came across a Pragmatic course namely “Phoenix Live View” (link “LiveView Course | The Pragmatic Studio”). As such I have purchased this course. However I found out that although it says in the description of the course that it is completely updated for Phoenix 1.7 and LiveView 0.20, when I look over the contents it seems to only cover Liveview and not Phoenix. I am still having trouble finding good material for Phoenix 1.7.

I wanted to learn about LiveView eventually as well so I do not mind having purchased this course but I still need help finding good material for Phoenix 1.7.

Are the official phoenix docs (link: Overview — Phoenix v1.8.8) the only material currently available?

I am keen to dive deeply into this language and Phoenix, as such I would greatly appreciate some help in finding good material. Please note I learn best using video tutorials.

I wanted to ask this question in the Phoenix Forums but unfortunately I am not allowed to post in those forums yet.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Where Next? Top

Trending in Chat/Questions Top

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews