satb
While upgrading an older phonix 1.7 app to the newer phoenix 1.8, I am running into an issue with the new tailwind css config
mix assets.build
13:45:27.039 [debug] Downloading tailwind from https://github.com/tailwindlabs/tailwindcss/releases/download/v4.1.7/tailwindcss-macos-x64
≈ tailwindcss v4.1.
Error: Can't resolve 'tailwindcss/base' in '/Users/satb/projects/myproj/assets/css'
I checked all places where I could. Can’t find which part of the upgrade I am missing.
mix.exs:
project section:
compilers: [:phoenix_live_view] ++ Mix.compilers(),
listeners: [Phoenix.CodeReloader]
deps section:
{:tailwind, "~> 0.3", runtime: Mix.env() == :dev},
aliases section:
"assets.deploy": [
"tailwind myproj --minify",
"esbuild myproj --minify",
"phx.digest"
],
config.exs:
config :tailwind,
version: "4.1.7",
myproj: [
args: ~w(
--config=tailwind.config.js
--input=assets/css/app.css
--output=priv/static/assets/css/app.css
),
cd: Path.expand("..", __DIR__)
]
I fixed the app.css file and copied the new version into it.
app.css at the top now:
@import "tailwindcss" source(none);
@source "../css";
@source "../js";
@source "../../lib/myproj_web";
Tried removing the tailwind.config.js file also and removing that option in mix.exs but made no difference.
What else is missing? Any help?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Phoenix Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
syepes
Have a look at phoenixdiff.org this can help you check that other files need to be modified
jdiago
The
Updating from Tailwind v3 to v4section might be what you’re looking for:https://github.com/phoenixframework/tailwind?tab=readme-ov-file#updating-from-tailwind-v3-to-v4
satb
Thanks. I did all that this one shows. Still scratching my head.
satb
Seems like if I switch from
To
I don’t get the error anymore.
Not sure why that would cause a problem though TBH.
satb
OK. I give up. I added the source(none) again, and it works fine now. Totally lost and burned several hours on this only to not know what went wrong or why removing source(none) fixed it and why adding it back didn’t break it again.
jdiago
Sometimes, turning it off and on again fixes things… lol