jluiiizz

jluiiizz

I’m getting the following error while trying to start my application, and i’m not understading why this is happening

ERROR:

> [info] Application stock exited: Stock.start(:normal, []) returned an error: shutdown: failed to start child: Stock.Endpoint
>     ** (EXIT) shutdown: failed to start child: Phoenix.Endpoint.Server
>         ** (EXIT) an exception was raised:
>             ** (UndefinedFunctionError) function Stock.UserSocket.__transports__/0 is undefined (module Stock.UserSocket is not available)
>                 Stock.UserSocket.__transports__()
>                 (phoenix) lib/phoenix/endpoint/cowboy_handler.ex:68: anonymous fn/3 in Phoenix.Endpoint.CowboyHandler.child_spec/3
>                 (elixir) lib/enum.ex:1948: Enum."-reduce/3-lists^foldl/2-0-"/3
>                 (phoenix) lib/phoenix/endpoint/cowboy_handler.ex:67: Phoenix.Endpoint.CowboyHandler.child_spec/3
>                 (phoenix) lib/phoenix/endpoint/server.ex:17: anonymous fn/5 in Phoenix.Endpoint.Server.init/1
>                 (elixir) lib/enum.ex:1948: Enum."-reduce/3-lists^foldl/2-0-"/3
>                 (phoenix) lib/phoenix/endpoint/server.ex:15: Phoenix.Endpoint.Server.init/1        
>                 (stdlib) supervisor.erl:294: :supervisor.init/1
>                 (stdlib) gen_server.erl:365: :gen_server.init_it/2
>                 (stdlib) gen_server.erl:333: :gen_server.init_it/6
>                 (stdlib) proc_lib.erl:247: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3
> ** (Mix) Could not start application stock: Stock.start(:normal, []) returned an error: shutdown: failed to start child: Stock.Endpoint
>     ** (EXIT) shutdown: failed to start child: Phoenix.Endpoint.Server
>         ** (EXIT) an exception was raised:
>             ** (UndefinedFunctionError) function Stock.UserSocket.__transports__/0 is undefined (module Stock.UserSocket is not available)
>                 Stock.UserSocket.__transports__()
>                 (phoenix) lib/phoenix/endpoint/cowboy_handler.ex:68: anonymous fn/3 in Phoenix.Endpoint.CowboyHandler.child_spec/3
>                 (elixir) lib/enum.ex:1948: Enum."-reduce/3-lists^foldl/2-0-"/3
>                 (phoenix) lib/phoenix/endpoint/cowboy_handler.ex:67: Phoenix.Endpoint.CowboyHandler.child_spec/3
>                 (phoenix) lib/phoenix/endpoint/server.ex:17: anonymous fn/5 in Phoenix.Endpoint.Server.init/1
>                 (elixir) lib/enum.ex:1948: Enum."-reduce/3-lists^foldl/2-0-"/3
>                 (phoenix) lib/phoenix/endpoint/server.ex:15: Phoenix.Endpoint.Server.init/1        
>                 (stdlib) supervisor.erl:294: :supervisor.init/1
>                 (stdlib) gen_server.erl:365: :gen_server.init_it/2
>                 (stdlib) gen_server.erl:333: :gen_server.init_it/6
>                 (stdlib) proc_lib.erl:247: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3

My mix.exs file

defmodule Stock.Mixfile do

  use Mix.Project

  def project do

    [app: :stock,

     version: "0.0.1",

     elixir: "~> 1.2",

     elixirc_paths: elixirc_paths(Mix.env),

     compilers: [:phoenix, :gettext] ++ Mix.compilers,

     build_embedded: Mix.env == :prod,

     start_permanent: Mix.env == :prod,

     aliases: aliases(),

     deps: deps()]

  end

  # Configuration for the OTP application.

  #

  # Type `mix help compile.app` for more information.

  def application do

    [mod: {Stock, []},

     applications: [:phoenix, :phoenix_pubsub, :phoenix_html, :cowboy, :logger, :gettext,

                    :phoenix_ecto, :postgrex, :ueberauth, :ueberauth_github]]

  end

  # Specifies which paths to compile per environment.

  defp elixirc_paths(:test), do: ["lib", "web", "test/support"]

  defp elixirc_paths(_),     do: ["lib", "web"]

  # Specifies your project dependencies.

  #

  # Type `mix help deps` for examples and options.

  defp deps do

    [{:phoenix, "~> 1.2.5"},

     {:phoenix_pubsub, "~> 1.0"},

     {:phoenix_ecto, "~> 3.4.0"},

     {:postgrex, ">= 0.0.0"},

     {:phoenix_html, "~> 2.6"},

     {:phoenix_live_reload, "~> 1.0", only: :dev},

     {:gettext, "~> 0.11"},

     {:cowboy, "~> 1.0"},

     {:ueberauth, "~> 0.3"},

     {:ueberauth_github, "~> 0.4"}]

  end

  # Aliases are shortcuts or tasks specific to the current project.

  # For example, to create, migrate and run the seeds file at once:

  #

  #     $ mix ecto.setup

  #

  # See the documentation for `Mix` for more info on aliases.

  defp aliases do

    ["ecto.setup": ["ecto.create", "ecto.migrate", "run priv/repo/seeds.exs"],

    "ecto.reset": ["ecto.drop", "ecto.setup"]]

  end

end

Blockquote

Showing Posts 1 to 2

kokolegorille

kokolegorille

This is the error, do You have this file? And are You sure it’s not StockWeb?

jluiiizz

jluiiizz OP

Thanks, for some reason the file user_socket.ex did not exist in my project. Thanks for the help!

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews