andym

andym

i’m trying to set the samesite attribute on the cookies sent to a client on a phoenix application. based on the results i found i’m using the following code.

  @session_options [
    store: :cookie,
    key: "key",
    signing_salt: "slt",
    same_site: "Lax"
  ]

 plug Plug.Session, @session_options

however this does not see to set the samesite attribute on the cookie coming down to the browser.

Showing Posts 3 to 1

i-n-g-m-a-r

i-n-g-m-a-r

Did you find a solution?
My session cookie response header looks like this:

set-cookie: QkP2sE5XTAXz1ZTeFBkbHpZePsFRkg+Vw68lNMIOALmMHaGztVPu5DGMFh6UrXxF=SFMyNTY.g3QAAAACbQAAAAtfY3NyZl90b2tlbm0AAAAYTkJJU0Z0WmlBMFNsaUNHNVA3cTBCVjVqbQAAAAN1aWRkAANuaWw.UcnBA4UmEQwyMQQKyEK5XBdfMq6fjqhgzo4L-H_ZM4I; path=/; HttpOnly

My session_options are configures like this: same_site: "Strict".

andym

andym OP

i’m actually using

{:plug_cowboy, "~> 2.5"}

t0t0

t0t0

Hi,

it works on my side:

EF

With the same in my Endpoint:

  @session_options [
    store: :cookie,
    # ...
    same_site: "Lax",
  ]

  # ...

  plug Plug.Session, @session_options

Which version of Plug are you using? You need Plug >= 1.10.1 (you can, for example, check the output of mix deps).

v1.10.1 (2020-05-15)

  • [Plug.Conn] Support :same_site option when writing cookies

(which is already quite old)

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews