Phoenix Blog Posts

I’ve just published this integration guide adding passwordless authentication to your phoenix application
using the openid_connect library to integrate with DID.

DID.app is an Identity Provider, that authenticates users by verifying access to either an email address or securely stored private key.

Hi!

I made a tiny tiny contribution to the LiveView project (just two lines of code :slight_smile: available from release 0.5.0 ), which adds offsetX and offsetY coordinates to the click event metadata. These coordinates are useful to know exactly where the click happened inside the element.

In this article I show how to use phx-click and offsetX,Y coordinates, letting the user interacts with SVG elements.

2 Likes

Elixir Dynamic Queries

1 Like

Hi all.
In this blog post, I would like to present my findings on how to store and visualize GPX tracks using Elixir/Phoenix, PostgreSQL and a little bit of JavaScript.

3 Likes

Using custom fonts with Phoenix 1.4+ and Webpack is pretty straight-forward, but there seems to be a lot of pain online regarding asset directories so I wrote this:

1 Like

In case someone is interested: I wrote a short post about how to use Phoenix with Docker:
https://dwarfte.ch/2020/04/28/create-a-phoenix-app-using-docker/

1 Like

Wrote this post about how to monitor WebSocket disconnections:

2 Likes

I wrote one more Phoenix/Docker thing: Deploy a Phoenix app to Microsoft Azure with Docker

1 Like

Leveraging temporary assigns is a great way to optimize Phoenix LiveView. This post explores how to update/delete from temporary assigns in your LV.

4 Likes

Hey everyone,

I’m Tamas, Elixir/Typescript/React dev. I just published a guide about building a JSON API with Phoenix 1.5

Hope you’ll enjoy reading it! Let me know if you have any questions/feedback.

2 Likes

Hi,

I made an article a few days ago about authentication with Phoenix Framework.

Since I started using Elixir & Phoenix very recently, Feedbacks and suggestions are most welcome!

I’ve just written a blog post about getting email verification working in a basic Phoenix 1.6 app – I’d appreciate any feedback – I’m happy to edit the post in response to your comments.

It is difficult to know what level of technical detail to get into in such a blog post, but I have aimed this one at a beginner.

1 Like

We wrote a guide on deploying your Phoenix app to Gigalixir using Elixir releases. It includes config for Phoenix v1.6 using the new esbuild approach for assets. It also covers runtime configuration using config/runtime.exs (Elixir 1.11+) and automated database migrations.

1 Like

We published a couple follow up posts on our Gigalixir deployment.

2 Likes

We plan to publish a few follow up posts to our article covering the Best Cloud Hosting Providers for Elixir and Phoenix. This a guide for deploying and setting up a CI/CD pipeline for Fly which we determined is best for deploying LiveView apps.

We wrote a post on how to deploy to Render. It turned out to be a really good experience. Check it out below.

We posted a guide to deploy Elixir and Phoenix to Heroku using the Heroku container stack and Docker. We use Elixir releases, automated database migrations, and set up continuous deployment. We’ve deployed to Heroku a lot using mix, but this was our first time using releases and the container stack.

I tried the new playwright-elixir for browser automation (you can think of it as an alternative to Wallaby or Hound), made it work with with Phoenix.Ecto.SQL.Sandbox for concurrent Phoenix integration testing and wrote about it, check it out!

Playwright and Phoenix.Ecto.SQL.Sandbox

3 Likes

Understand how to run database migrations when using Elixir releases plus learn how to include additional functions to handle some other less common situations like seeding your database.

If you are like me and prefer a system where people cannot commit unwanted files by accident (like digest files), I’ve made a blog post on how to keep your static files out of the priv/static and use rsync to keep them up to date in development anyway.