Phoenix Blog Posts

blog-posts
phoenix

The thread for Phoenix related blog posts.

Feel free to start a dedicated thread for a particular blog post if you have written it and want feedback, or feel a separate thread is warranted.

A major benefit of cross-posting blog posts here, apart from keeping the rest of us informed, is that they also show in our (rather good!) search - adding longer term value for the whole community.

How to use the Blogs Section
Elixir News
Elixir Blog Posts
Elixir Blog Posts

Using Phoenix with docker (3 part series)

Oh nice, I might need this for my Master Thesis :smiley:

Phoenix is modular - theerlangelist.com

…when I first looked at Phoenix, I was myself overwhelmed by the amount of concepts one needs to grasp. But after spending some time with the framework, it started making sense to me, and I began to see the purpose of all these concepts. I quickly became convinced that Phoenix provides reasonable building blocks which should satisfy most typical needs.

Furthermore, I’ve learned that Phoenix is actually quite modular. This is nice because we can trim it down to our own preferences (though in my opinion that’s usually not needed). In fact, it is possible to run a Phoenix powered server without a router, controller, view, and template. In this article I’ll show you how, and then I’ll provide some tips on learning Phoenix. But first, I’ll briefly touch on the relationship between Phoenix and Plug.

Elixir Phoenix Deployment - jimmy-beaudoin.com

In this post, I’m going to explain how to deploy an Elixir Phoenix application on a VPS. We are going to use Elixir Release Manager (Exrm) for generating releases and all the necessary files to deploy our application.

The path to Phoenix: Part 1 - Installing Node.js via nvm - verboseguides.com

Using GenEvent to Notify a Channel of Updates in Elixir - learningelixir.joekain.com

Compare between Rails with cache and Phoenix without cache

http://sorentwo.com/2016/02/02/caching-what-is-it-good-for.html

Even the article does not describe details of environment of tests and data but its result is very interesting

Nice find @kiennt - I was only just thinking what a pain caching can be - and in Rails we are spoilt because it probably has the best caching system of all the frameworks that can benefit from caching :lol:

New Phoenix Podcast - Phoenix Podcasts

Oh nice find - I didn’t about phoenixpodcast.org - will add to the podcasts thread too :slight_smile:

CI With Phoenix and GitLab - Dave Jlong

What makes Phoenix Presence special, and a sneak peek - Chris McCord

Should CRDT's be the core language feature of concurrency oriented programming languages?

I wrote https://medium.com/@Oxyrus/how-to-install-the-phoenix-framework-on-cloud9-ef0ac265229c#.ool2ybleo

Phoenix/Elixir App Secured with Let’s Encrypt - Andrew Forward

Elixir and Phoenix: The Future of Web APIs and Apps? - carbonfive.com

One of my favourite Phoenix blog posts so far - also added to our Phoenix wiki

Here are a few I’ve wrote:

Complete Guide to Deploying Phoenix Applications using Dokku 0.4.0+

Using LetsEncrypt to Switch a Phoenix App Deployed with Dokku to HTTPS

Validate Ecto Unique Associations with Compound Indexes

I wrote a post on the difference between the web and lib directories in a Phoenix app: http://keathley.io/elixir/phoenix/2016/01/14/phoenix-directories.html

Page specific JavaScript in Phoenix framework (pt.1) - by @bigardone