Phoenix Blog Posts

How to use the blogs section

You can post links to your blog posts either in one of the Official Blog Posts threads (like this one), or, via Devtalk.com. If you post via Devtalk we will automatically cross-post your blog post here in our Blog Posts section for each blog post (so one thread for each blog post) so long as you have an account with the same username and primary email address on both forums. We also remove the rel-nofollow attribute when your link appears on our homepage on Devtalk, so great for your SEO! :wink:

If posting via Devtalk be sure to:

• Ensure your account on Devtalk.com has the same username and primary email as your account here
  • Initiate thread creation in one of the Blog Posts sections (for Elixir/Phoenix that may be in the Back End category, or for LiveView it could be the Front End category).
  • On thread creation paste the URL of your blog post in the TITLE field (once the URL appears in the body field below you can then change the title to whatever you like)
  • Include a short summary of your blog post then post the link on a separate line (here’s an example)
  • Include the Elixir and blog-post tags (as well as Phoenix, Nerves, LiveView etc if applicable)

It will then create a thread on Devtalk and then automatically cross-post here under your account :003:

Please see this announcement for the full details: Calling all BEAM Bloggers!

:nerd_face:

14 Likes

Using Phoenix with docker (3 part series)

4 Likes

Oh nice, I might need this for my Master Thesis :smiley:

2 Likes

Phoenix is modular - theerlangelist.com

…when I first looked at Phoenix, I was myself overwhelmed by the amount of concepts one needs to grasp. But after spending some time with the framework, it started making sense to me, and I began to see the purpose of all these concepts. I quickly became convinced that Phoenix provides reasonable building blocks which should satisfy most typical needs.

Furthermore, I’ve learned that Phoenix is actually quite modular. This is nice because we can trim it down to our own preferences (though in my opinion that’s usually not needed). In fact, it is possible to run a Phoenix powered server without a router, controller, view, and template. In this article I’ll show you how, and then I’ll provide some tips on learning Phoenix. But first, I’ll briefly touch on the relationship between Phoenix and Plug.

2 Likes

Elixir Phoenix Deployment - jimmy-beaudoin.com

In this post, I’m going to explain how to deploy an Elixir Phoenix application on a VPS. We are going to use Elixir Release Manager (Exrm) for generating releases and all the necessary files to deploy our application.

4 Likes

The path to Phoenix: Part 1 - Installing Node.js via nvm - verboseguides.com

1 Like

Using GenEvent to Notify a Channel of Updates in Elixir - learningelixir.joekain.com

4 Likes

Compare between Rails with cache and Phoenix without cache

http://sorentwo.com/2016/02/02/caching-what-is-it-good-for.html

Even the article does not describe details of environment of tests and data but its result is very interesting

3 Likes

Nice find @kiennt - I was only just thinking what a pain caching can be - and in Rails we are spoilt because it probably has the best caching system of all the frameworks that can benefit from caching :lol:

1 Like

New Phoenix Podcast - Phoenix Podcasts

2 Likes

Oh nice find - I didn’t about phoenixpodcast.org - will add to the podcasts thread too :slight_smile:

1 Like

CI With Phoenix and GitLab - Dave Jlong

4 Likes

What makes Phoenix Presence special, and a sneak peek - Chris McCord

3 Likes

I wrote https://medium.com/@Oxyrus/how-to-install-the-phoenix-framework-on-cloud9-ef0ac265229c#.ool2ybleo

3 Likes

Phoenix/Elixir App Secured with Let’s Encrypt - Andrew Forward

3 Likes

Elixir and Phoenix: The Future of Web APIs and Apps? - carbonfive.com

One of my favourite Phoenix blog posts so far - also added to our Phoenix wiki

4 Likes

Here are a few I’ve wrote:

Complete Guide to Deploying Phoenix Applications using Dokku 0.4.0+

Using LetsEncrypt to Switch a Phoenix App Deployed with Dokku to HTTPS

Validate Ecto Unique Associations with Compound Indexes

6 Likes

I wrote a post on the difference between the web and lib directories in a Phoenix app: http://keathley.io/elixir/phoenix/2016/01/14/phoenix-directories.html

6 Likes

Page specific JavaScript in Phoenix framework (pt.1) - by @bigardone

3 Likes
2 Likes