smanza

smanza

Hello everyone,

I have question related to Phoenix Channels for a P2P network.

I have developped a P2P network using raw gen_tcp server (maybe moving to Ranch later).
I’m wondering if Phoenix Channels can be leveraged to support this kind of communication. Mostly with the client phoenix_gen_socket_client …
Do you have any thoughts for this kind of subject ?

Thanks

Showing Posts 1 to 3

harmon25

harmon25

Does not sound like true P2P if everyone is routed through a phoenix server, or maybe every peer is running phoenix as both a client and a server?

This is probably not the best idea…but I presume is theoretically possible. :man_shrugging:t3:

smanza

smanza OP

Yes Indeed every Node will run its own Phoenix server/client I’m just wondering the pro/cons of this approach vs a classical TCP endpoint/client

LostKobrakai

LostKobrakai

With nerves channels are sometimes used for communication between devices. You can probably find a few examples on that.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
jtormey
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews