blset

blset

Hello,

with latest liveview, inside a liveview with a form and validate event

some form input tags are in shared regular leex components, when one inputs something, that triggers the validate event round trip, and everything works well

I tried to put inside a phoenix component (not live) a checkbox input and it does not trigger a validate event when I click, so this does not work

<.comp_with checkbox />

inside the inner slot of a phoenix component, a rendered leex component does trigger the validate event
that is, this below works

<.comp1>
<%= render(View, “component.html”, …%>
</.comp1>

and finally if I try to turn the phoenix component into a live component, I cannot put it inside a phoenix component.
this below is not allowed

<.comp1>
<.live_component module=… />
</.comp1>

so it looks like only explicitly rendered components, with render call, trigger the enclosing liveview validate form event, or what’s wrong here ?

Showing Posts 1 to 2

moogle19

moogle19

Could you maybe share some more code, e.g your complete form and the checkbox component?

Normally the “validate” event should trigger independend of the way the checkbox was added to the form.

blset

blset OP

Thanks

the setup is the following (from a pre 1.6 phoenix)
the liveview is leex and is mounted with live_render(@conn, …) from a regular html.eex template that is called from a controller
then inside the html.leex liveview

<%= form_for :response, @action,[phx_change: :validate, id: “res”], fn f → %>

<%= render ModView, “template.html” %>

<% end %>

ModView is a heex and contains the setup from my previous message
so it is not heex from the very start, maybe that explains

inside ModView, a click in a checkbox inside the component shows no round trip from the form validate event, except if it is in a eex called with explicit <%= render %>

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews