newton-peixoto
Hello everyone, I came from a PHP background and one common stack was to use php-fpm + nginx as a reverse proxy, also we used to configure many things such in the nginx config file and in the the php.ini to achieve better performance. Im aware that elixir + phoenix already has a great performance but Id like to know if there is any standard configuration to use so we could get the most of it. If possible Id like to know more about deployment of phoenix and elixir applications using technologies such as kubernetes and docker because Im aware that there is providers like Gigalixer but that`s not an option at the moment the deploy must be done at the existing cluster.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
jack-s9
I have a post about deploying with Docker you might find helpful.
https://staknine.com/build-an-elixir-release-with-docker-to-deploy-anywhere/
newton-peixoto
Great post! thanks, helped a lot. Just one last question, those env vars can be changed at “runtime”? for example in php we used to have a .env file and as soon as this file is changed the application changes as well no need to “re-deploy” assuming that there is a env var called "APP_NAME"with the value of “my_app” and at the home page we’re saying something like "hello #{Application.env(“APP_NAME”)"if i wanted to change it to “my_app_2” will I have to re-build the docker image and deploy the new image again?
jack-s9
Here is a post about config with env variables in Elixir:
https://staknine.com/elixir-config-environment-variables/