DenisRichartz

DenisRichartz

Hi!

I have a problem with deploying my Phoenix Application. I used Distillery and edeliver pretty successfully so far, but for the latest Project the javascript gets mangled in the process of building the release with distillery. With mix phoenix.server everything works fine.

After running the build locally the console output throws this at me:

app-42e08f28a4f45ef0be4d7d5abbb55c6f.js:4 Uncaught TypeError: i is not a function
    at HTMLUListElement.<anonymous> (app-42e08f28a4f45ef0be4d7d5abbb55c6f.js:4)
    at Function.each (app-42e08f28a4f45ef0be4d7d5abbb55c6f.js:1)
    at se.fn.init.each (app-42e08f28a4f45ef0be4d7d5abbb55c6f.js:1)
    at String.<anonymous> (app-42e08f28a4f45ef0be4d7d5abbb55c6f.js:4)
    at Function.each (app-42e08f28a4f45ef0be4d7d5abbb55c6f.js:1)
    at Object.reflow (app-42e08f28a4f45ef0be4d7d5abbb55c6f.js:4)
    at se.fn.init.r [as foundation] (app-42e08f28a4f45ef0be4d7d5abbb55c6f.js:4)
    at app-42e08f28a4f45ef0be4d7d5abbb55c6f.js:4
    at u (app-42e08f28a4f45ef0be4d7d5abbb55c6f.js:1)
    at d (app-42e08f28a4f45ef0be4d7d5abbb55c6f.js:1)

versions:
Elixir 1.4.4
brunch 2.7.4
npm 5.0.2
phoenix 1.2.4

brunch-config:

exports.config = {
  // See http://brunch.io/#documentation for docs.
  files: {
    javascripts: {
      joinTo: {
        "js/app.js": [/^(web\/static\/js)|(node_modules)/,"web/static/vendor/foundation.min.js"],
        "js/admin_lte2.js": "web/static/vendor/admin_lte2.js",
        "js/ex_admin_common.js": "web/static/vendor/ex_admin_common.js",
        "js/jquery.min.js": "web/static/vendor/jquery.min.js"
      },
    },
    stylesheets: {
      joinTo: {
        "css/app.css": /^(web\/static\/css)/,
        "css/admin_lte2.css": ["web/static/vendor/admin_lte2.css"],
        "css/active_admin.css.css": ["web/static/vendor/active_admin.css.css"],
      },
      order: {
        after: ["web/static/css/app.scss"] // concat app.css last
      }
    },
    templates: {
      joinTo: "js/app.js"
    }
  },

  conventions: {
    // This option sets where we should place non-css and non-js assets in.
    // By default, we set this to "/web/static/assets". Files in this directory
    // will be copied to `paths.public`, which is "priv/static" by default.
    assets: /^(web\/static\/assets)/
  },

  // Phoenix paths configuration
  paths: {
    // Dependencies and current project directories to watch
    watched: [
      "web/static",
      "test/static"
    ],

    // Where to compile files to
    public: "priv/static"
  },

  // Configure your plugins
  plugins: {
    babel: {
      // Do not use ES6 compiler in vendor code
      ignore: [/web\/static\/vendor/]
    },
    sass: {
      precision: 8,
      options: {
        includePaths: [
          'node_modules/foundation-sites/scss',
        ]
      }
    }
  },

  modules: {
    autoRequire: {
      "js/app.js": ["web/static/js/app"]
    }
  },

  npm: {
    enabled: true,
    globals: {
      $: 'jquery',
      jQuery: 'jquery',
    }
  }
};

package.json:

{
  "repository": {},
  "license": "MIT",
  "scripts": {
    "deploy": "brunch build --production",
    "watch": "brunch watch --stdin"
  },
  "dependencies": {
    "foundation-sites": "^6.3.1",
    "jquery": "^2.2.4",
    "phoenix": "file:deps/phoenix",
    "phoenix_html": "file:deps/phoenix_html"
  },
  "devDependencies": {
    "babel-brunch": "~6.0.0",
    "brunch": "2.7.4",
    "clean-css-brunch": "~2.0.0",
    "css-brunch": "~2.0.0",
    "javascript-brunch": "~2.0.0",
    "sass-brunch": "^2.10.4",
    "uglify-js-brunch": "~2.0.1"
  }
}

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews