vfsoraki

vfsoraki

I have a Phoenix 1.3 app that is running behind an Nginx reverse proxy, all in HTTP.

I wanted to migrate to HTTPS, so I got a certificate from Let’s Encrypt and changed Nginx config to do it. All worked fine.

I generate a bunch of urls inside my Phoenix app, using MyApp.Web.Router.Helpers.*, but they generate HTTP urls. So I channged my app config in prod.exs from url: [host: "my.host", port: 80] to url: [host: "my.host", port: 443]. But now the urls are being generated like http://my.host:443/path.

How can I tell Phoenix to stay on HTTP, but generate urls in HTTPS?

PS. If I was not clear, I don’t want my Nginx and Phoenix to talk over HTTPS, I just want Phoenix url helpers to generate HTTPS urls. I have already read Endpoint configuration, but I could not find something useful.

Showing Posts 1 to 4

NobbZ

NobbZ

Documentation of Phoenix.Endpoint says

:url - configuration for generating URLs throughout the app. Accepts the :host, :scheme, :path and :port options.

So it should be enough to add scheme: "https" to your :url config

vfsoraki

vfsoraki OP

I really really have no idea how could I miss that!

Thanks mate.

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

It’s scheme btw. Caught me off-guard for a sec so figured I should warn future readers.

ruudk

ruudk

Thanks for pointing this out. I blindly copied @nobbZ’s suggestion and it didn’t work.

@NobbZ Can you please edit it?

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews