ryanswapp
This is the third post in a series on building a GraphQL API in Phoenix with Absinthe. In this post I cover authentication with Guardian.
Trending in Discussions
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Anichale
Awesome stuff man.
hlx
Great article Ryan!
What do you think of this code? It’s similar to yours but I pattern match on a valid changeset in the function instead of doing a extra
caseinside the function.https://gist.github.com/hl/2ff2e3e8ef71bb8b45e8fa52eabbcb53#file-user-ex-L30-L31
hlx
Also since you are using Guardian you can build your
context.exlike thishttps://gist.github.com/hl/6372b3e376ff6a25fa80d39db73e6ab4
ryanswapp
Thanks!
ryanswapp
Ah ya! That’s nice. I assume you have used Guardian.Plug.LoadResource in the router pipeline right? Much cleaner. Thanks for sharing!
hlx
Yes you are right
https://gist.github.com/hl/4a5bea125f3394a403f3caa92332cb66
ryanswapp
Cool, thanks again for sharing. I updated the post!
wfgilman
This is great. Looking forward to seeing more!
nando_chistaco
Ryan, thanks a lot for these three awesome posts. I’ve enjoyed them a lot and definitely posts like yours are very valuable for the Elixir community
In this last one i’ve been able to catch a couple of typos (what an honour!!): in
mix.exsandweb/plugs/context.exyou usePhoenixGraphQLinstead ofMyAppas you do everywhere else.Have an amazing 2017, you deserve it!!
ryanswapp
Thanks for catching those!
I’ll get them fixed.
I hope you have a wonderful 2017 too!