patrickdm

patrickdm

Hello,
I have a resource’s date-field which is optional (so in most records it has a null value) and in the form I render it with date_select/3 (datetime_select/3 for options and supported values)

When I edit a record with a null date-field, date_select displays 2015/01/01 as default value for it.

This date value is then stored on update, along with the actual record’s field I was actually editing.

I tried using the option default: nil in order to avoid the date-field to be updated too, with no success.

I’m bypassing this issue using a text_input/3 field in place of date_select/3, but still wondering if I’m just missing the simple/obvious solution, which I presume is hidden in plain sight to my eyes.

Thank you for any suggestion and help.

Showing Posts 1 to 2

kokolegorille

kokolegorille

I use date_select with null default value like this.

    <%= 
      date_select f, 
        :expiry_date, 
        year: [prompt: ""], 
        month: [prompt: ""], 
        day: [prompt: ""],
        class: "form-control" 
    %>
patrickdm

patrickdm OP

Thank you very much, this is exactly what I was aiming for, but couldn’t find the right spell.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews