sbuttgereit

sbuttgereit

This is a bit of a silly question, probably nit-picky, and ultimately not too important.

I’m reviewing the Phoenix.HTML.Form documentation and something struck me as odd in the documentation: as expected the module’s struct is represented by a typespec t/0 defining the type of the struct (Phoenix.HTML.Form — Phoenix.HTML v4.3.0)… but the explanatory documentation of the struct appears separately in the “Functions” section under “%Phoenix.HTML.Form{}” (Phoenix.HTML.Form — Phoenix.HTML v4.3.0).

My question is why this bifurcation in the documentation for this struct? Is there some rationale or standard that I’m missing about documenting structs that would lead to this split? I do notice that one of the struct fields, action is left undocumented, but the split has me wondering if the action field is intentionally undocumented (maybe it’s not to be considered “public”) or if the typespec has been updated and the explanatory documentation just hasn’t been maybe because there’s two places seemingly documenting the same thing. Is the typespec in the docs only there because the typespec exists?

Just curious…

Showing Posts 1 to 1

woylie

woylie

I would expect this @doc to be a @typedoc placed right before the @type: phoenix_html/lib/phoenix_html/form.ex at v3.3.1 · phoenixframework/phoenix_html · GitHub. Then the struct would not appear under the Functions header.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

cblavier
Hey there, It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Dmk
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews