gilest
Hi all
Relatively new to Elixir, but was curious to see how Phoenix might run with a basic importmap configuration.
Introducing, phoenix_importmap.
Benefits:
In dev - minimal file-based tooling, removal of esbuild transpilation step, parity with prod
In prod - more granular caching of js files since they are many rather than a few bundles
Curious to know if folks are interested in this approach, anyway.
Usual disclaimer - this is an early stage library. I’ve not yet used it in prod ![]()
Trending in RFCs
There was some time when I started thinking about giving a boost to Lambdapad, the initiative from @garretsmith in Erlang that I loved wa...
New
Hey everyone — I’m putting together a practical, code-first book on building production-ready business applications with Phoenix LiveView...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
jakeprem
This is really interesting thanks for making it!
I’ll have to take a closer look next time I venture outside the LiveView bubble.
derek-zhou
Neat. I am using a more bare bone nobuild setup. I made sym links of phoenix js into my static dir:
Then I directly import those phoenix js in my app.js:
If I need to use more than a couple of npm modules, I will consider using the importmap package.
jakeprem
Do these get copied correctly when you build releases too?
derek-zhou
I don’t copy assets from
assets/topriv/any more. My original js and css lives directly underpriv/static/and the phoenix js are symlink’ed topriv/static/js/and remain that way in the release. The symlinks are flatten in deploy.