Mnho229
I’ve reached Chapter 11 titled Working with components in Elixir in Action, and I’m starting to get close to the end of the book. I do have a side project idea lined up involving a card game (and eventually an accompanying chat) to help sink in Elixir, but I think with my web dev background, I’d like to definitely get Phoenix under my wings and eventually add that to my project as a milestone.
Would Phoenix in Action be a good book to move onto after Elixir in Action?
Trending in Chat/Questions
Other Trending Topics
In my third year of college, around 2010, I found Erlang. A few years later, I found Elixir. I liked the ideas at once: many small proces...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
dangdennis
After reading Elixir in Action, I went ahead and built something over the course of a couple months. Now that you got the breadth, I suggest you take the depth-first approach to build your card game first. Save the second book for later.
Building my discord bot in elixir and phoenix forced me to deal with real issues that involved shipping the app live: deployment, logging, error handling, ecto.