RooSoft

RooSoft

This live.html.heex file has been generated by mix itself a while ago and hasn’t been touched since, although very useful

<main>
  <p class="alert alert-info" role="alert"
    phx-click="lv:clear-flash"
    phx-value-key="info"><%= live_flash(@flash, :info) %></p>

  <p class="alert alert-danger" role="alert"
    phx-click="lv:clear-flash"
    phx-value-key="error"><%= live_flash(@flash, :error) %></p>

  <%= @inner_content %>
</main>

Now that our app is being upgraded to LiveView 0.18, it gets compilation errors

== Compilation error in file lib/app_web/views/layout_view.ex ==
** (CompileError) lib/app_web/templates/layout/live.html.heex:4: undefined function live_flash/2 (expected AppWeb.LayoutView to define such a function or for it to be imported, but none are available)

I’ve been searching all over to understand what’s going on and can’t find out why… Actually, the only way to fix this for now is to comment them flashes.

Showing Posts 1 to 5

kartheek

kartheek

LiveView modules are reorganised in 0.18. live_flash is now inside Phoenix.Component. You have to adjust imports inside view_helpers function in your_project_web.ex file

Those new components live in the Phoenix.Component module. Phoenix.LiveView.Helpers itself has been soft deprecated and all relevant functionality has been migrated. You must import Phoenix.Component where you previously imported Phoenix.LiveView.Helpers when upgrading. You may also need to import Phoenix.Component where you also imported Phoenix.LiveView and some of its functions have been moved to Phoenix.Component.
Additionally, the special let attribute on function components have been deprecated by a :let usage.

You can read more about it in release notes - phoenix_live_view/CHANGELOG.md at main · phoenixframework/phoenix_live_view · GitHub

sabiwara

sabiwara

Elixir Core Team

It has been moved from Phoenix.LiveView.Helpers to Phoenix.Component, as mentioned in the changelog.

Replacing import Phoenix.LiveView.Helpers by import Phoenix.Component should fix it.

12
Post #2
RooSoft

RooSoft OP

Fixes my live_flash problem, thank you very much!

Seems like I can’t remove import Phoenix.LiveView.Helpers though, as it generates this error

== Compilation error in file lib/app_web/views/layout_view.ex ==
** (CompileError) lib/app_web/templates/layout/root.html.heex:8: undefined function live_title_tag/2 (expected AppWeb.LayoutView to define such a function or for it to be imported, but none are available)

this is about this line

<%= live_title_tag assigns[:page_title] || "App", suffix: "" %>

Should I keep both or is this live_title_tag replaced by something else that’s not in Phoenix.LiveView.Helpers?

RooSoft

RooSoft OP

Working perfectly, thanks guys!

Love this community…

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
peck
Hi everyone. My team and I have been working on a fairly modest app based around video streaming and chat, but we’ve landed a customer t...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
Alvinkariuki
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews