ericf
I have a liveview page and it is listing things. I want to sort those things using a database query. This works great unless I am listing the things using a stream. When I use a stream, I try and reset the stream and insert the elements in a different sort order but it seems as if the page doesn’t recognize any changes to the stream since the elements are all the same, just in a different sort order. I am on Phoenix 1.7.9, LiveView 0.20.1. Here is the psudeo-code of my call.
stream(socket, :things, Stuff.list_things(sort, dir), reset: true)
Hope someone can off some help or ideas on what I’m doing wrong or how I can do this differently. Thanks.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
codeanpeace
It’s a known regression that’s been addressed, but there hasn’t been a tagged release since the fix yet so you’ll probably want to hop onto the main branch.
https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix_live_view/issues/2826
https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix_live_view/pull/2864
ericf
Thanks!
omgneering
I wanted to mention that I ran into this and upgrading from liveview 0.20.1 to 0.20.3 did not fix it because I had the javascript
phoenix_live_viewversion explicitly declared inpackage.json. After setting the version in assets to match mix version and runningnpm installthe stream sorting issue was resolved. I am not sure if there is a way to remove it from assets so it is synced up to whatever is in mix.TLDR: make sure you update the liveview version in
package.jsonas well if it is explicitly declared there.