pikeas
I’m seeing an error in my Phoenix dev environment that I’m a bit stuck on debugging. I’ve narrowed the cause down to MyApp_Web.Endpoint.ex and the long polling setting:
defmodule MyAppWeb.Endpoint do
...
@session_options [
store: :cookie,
key: "_myapp_key",
signing_salt: "<random string generated by Phoenix",
same_site: "Lax"
]
socket "/live", Phoenix.LiveView.Socket,
websocket: [connect_info: [session: @session_options]],
longpoll: [connect_info: [session: @session_options]]
end
The error is:
[info] CONNECTED TO Phoenix.LiveView.Socket in 18µs
Transport: :longpoll
Serializer: Phoenix.Socket.V2.JSONSerializer
Parameters: %{"_csrf_token" => "<redacted>", "_live_referer" => "undefined", "_mount_attempts" => "0", "_mounts" => "0", "_track_static" => %{"0" => "http://localhost:4000/assets/app.css", "1" => "http://localhost:4000/assets/app.js"}, "vsn" => "2.0.0"}
[error] ** (CaseClauseError) no case clause matching: {:error, {%ArgumentError{message: "unknown registry: nil"}, [{Registry, :info!, 1, [file: ~c"lib/registry.ex", line: 1391]}, {Registry, :register, 3, [file: ~c"lib/registry.ex", line: 1007]}, {Phoenix.PubSub, :subscribe, 3, [file: ~c"lib/phoenix/pubsub.ex", line: 121]}, {Phoenix.Transports.LongPoll.Server, :init, 1, [file: ~c"lib/phoenix/transports/long_poll_server.ex", line: 36]}, {:gen_server, :init_it, 2, [file: ~c"gen_server.erl", line: 2229]}, {:gen_server, :init_it, 6, [file: ~c"gen_server.erl", line: 2184]}, {:proc_lib, :init_p_do_apply, 3, [file: ~c"proc_lib.erl", line: 329]}]}}
(phoenix 1.7.14) lib/phoenix/transports/long_poll.ex:145: Phoenix.Transports.LongPoll.new_session/4
(myapp 0.1.0) lib/myapp_web/endpoint.ex:1: myappWeb.Endpoint.do_socket_dispatch/2
(myapp 0.1.0) lib/myapp_web/endpoint.ex:1: myappWeb.Endpoint.plug_builder_call/2
(myapp 0.1.0) deps/plug/lib/plug/debugger.ex:136: myappWeb.Endpoint."call (overridable 3)"/2
(myapp 0.1.0) lib/myapp_web/endpoint.ex:1: myappWeb.Endpoint.call/2
(phoenix 1.7.14) lib/phoenix/endpoint/sync_code_reload_plug.ex:22: Phoenix.Endpoint.SyncCodeReloadPlug.do_call/4
(bandit 1.6.0) lib/bandit/pipeline.ex:127: Bandit.Pipeline.call_plug!/2
(bandit 1.6.0) lib/bandit/pipeline.ex:36: Bandit.Pipeline.run/4
(bandit 1.6.0) lib/bandit/http1/handler.ex:12: Bandit.HTTP1.Handler.handle_data/3
(bandit 1.6.0) lib/bandit/delegating_handler.ex:18: Bandit.DelegatingHandler.handle_data/3
(bandit 1.6.0) <folder>/myapp/deps/thousand_island/lib/thousand_island/handler.ex:417: Bandit.DelegatingHandler.handle_continue/2
(stdlib 6.1.2) gen_server.erl:2335: :gen_server.try_handle_continue/3
(stdlib 6.1.2) gen_server.erl:2244: :gen_server.loop/7
(stdlib 6.1.2) proc_lib.erl:329: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3
The actual error is "unknown registry: nil" - what could cause this? No difference when adding Phoenix.PubSub, name: MyApp.PubSub} to MyApp.Application.ex.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
pikeas
Solved, looks like I was missing: