kannix
I am implementing file uploads and use the arc + arc_ecto packages.. after writing my proof of concept I am now trying to handle the file naming in a better way…The user uploads pictures and there is no need to keep the user given file name at all.. therefore my idea is to write a simple plug that overwrites the user uploaded name with an uuid as a file name.. problem is i can’t change the body params like this:
defp rename_file_uploads(conn = %Plug.Conn{:body_params => %{"offer" => %{"pic" => %Plug.Upload{:filename => filename}}}}, _) do
put_in(conn, [:body_params, "offer", "pic", :filename], gen_unique_filename(filename))
end
defp rename_file_uploads(conn, _) do
conn
end
what is the right way to do that?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










First Post!- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
jihantoro
is the uploaded image will be saved as file ? Could you just define a new name inside File.cp ?
Last Post!
kannix
I don’t use File.cp directly. This is handled by
arcand by setting some file_name options inside the arc model I could already achieve the desired functionality but in a non ideal way (I have to save the generated uuid in my database andarc_ectoseems to save the original filename + a version string in the the database) to me this seems a little bit messy and I thought if I am never interested in the original filename, changing the params is maybe an easy and more simple way