cblavier
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI components.
We also built our own storybook (visible here) to showcase and document our components.
Would you be interested if we made this project available on github? Would you use it?
There is a lot of work to do to extract it as an external library, so I prefer to ask if it’s really worth the effort ![]()
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
tomkonidas
Yes, I have been wanting something like this for a while. I have even considered switching to Surface just for the catalog feature.
mgibowski
Looks great! I’m sure many people would appreciate you open-sourcing that (including me).
BTW, are you considering open-sourcing only the storybook clone, or also the UI library being showcased? Because the library looks great too
thelastinuit
It would be the best thing!
thelastinuit
Yesh! And I will totally contribute to it!
cblavier
Thanks for your warm feedback! Let’s do it then
That’s quite another challenge.
The set of components we built are really tailored to our business needs, but why not releasing a few of them. We’ll see!
We already opensourced the underlying library we use to craft all of our components: phx_component_helpers
chrismccord
We are planning to release something like this itself in LiveView, inspired by the Surface catalog. If this is something you’d be interested in collaborating on, find me on slack to chat more!
cblavier
Sure! Let’s chat tomorrow
apoorv-2204
I also want to contribute. : )
Thanks
teamon
I’ve built a tiny version of LiveView storybook for one project - feel free to take it if you find it useful LiveView Storybook · GitHub
cblavier
Thanks, I’ll have a look!