The upcoming Phoenix 1.6 release looks very interesting. Became a habit to watch the commits - and - what they are bringing in.
- phx.gen.auth integration - for built in authentication
- swoosh integration to provide a mailer baked in.
- the new templating language heex which is HTML aware.
- The new component function - which allows the componentization of views.
- Ecto.Enum integration into the generators.
Really looking forward to it.
@josevalim - any expected time of arrival for Phoenix 1.6?
- heex becomes the default templating engine over eex. ( A tongue in cheek question - any plans for making LiveView the default method for building full stack web applications? People who need API would have no conflict with that! )
I am a Rails migrant - and - feeling at home. Thanks a lot for all the work. ( Oops… These two sentences are not just to @josevalim , but to the entire community! )