DaAnalyst
Added to PhoenixLiveViewExt v1.1.0, Listiller (pre/appended container list distiller) is now available for download with the documentation.
In short, Listiller helps deal with appended container lists in terms of optimal insertion, update and deletion of elements so that LiveView only sends and traverses the actually changed elements in the list. Relative to its default behavior of replacing the entire list, the performance gains are enormous, so shopping cards, todolists, tables (yes, nested components lists) and other similar UCs can now run optimally on LiveView even when traversing to patch the DOM,
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
cenotaph
This is what I had to do last project.
I would love to see a compare and contrast in your documentation.
Vanilla phoenix code and diffs for the mentioned actions and your extension, diffs for the same actions.
DaAnalyst
The results are UC dependent and may vary dramatically. For instance, a table row insertion with Listiller will have LiveView send just the particular row to the JS client while a vanilla implementation will replace the entire table. The more rows and columns, the greater the difference.
In my project where I extracted the library from, the average performance gain is typically around 75% to 90% for the vanilla JS side patching alone (i.e. its 4 to 10 times faster). Meaning that with bigger models and slower internet connection this can easily go well over 95% i.e. 20-40 times faster than the vanilla implementation.
As for some hard benchmark results, it would first require building an example app for I can’t publish my real project.
cenotaph
Your documentation on hex is in a self-pointer state. I see more when I open the source in Github.
Definitely, a small demo required to show off the
updated_sortcapability maybe?Otherwise, I think I have achieved the same minimum wire transfer with usage of
or am I misunderstanding the component?
DaAnalyst
To tell you the truth I don’t know what you mean by either of the two questions. I tried figuring out what this Elxsy demo was about and the only link to github was to a certain ykurtbas account where no library similar to mine was published but some other unrelated stuff.
As for your question regarding the temporary assigns and phx-update=“prepend” or “append”, yes, that’s the foundation on which my library is based, but your assigns won’t get diffed server-side and sorted + deleted clientside all by themselves, which is why I made this library. Also, my library runs in a real project relying on thousands of nested fully editable and movable LiveComponents within the lists of other such LiveComponents.
To achieve this effect of a freely editable lists and nested lists you need to handle the sorting (repositioning) and deletion and prior to that you need to prepare the assigns in relative to the operations that you’re doing (depending on your diffing of the assigns, not LiveView’s), unless the only function of the list is to keep on growing in one direction.
The docs are all on hex.pm and if you follow the route below, you get to the Listiller documentation easily:
PhoenixLiveViewExt — phoenix_live_view_ext v1.2.2 → Modules → PhoenixLiveViewExt.Listiller → Top
DaAnalyst
A new minor update of the PhoenixLiveViewExt is available.
It now supports defining a different function name for the MultiRender macro generated render/2 function.This is useful to avoid render/2 naming conflicts when using MultiRender with a live view or view module.