PHX 1.6.x - Swoosh Local development e-mail preview mailbox auto-refresh?

Now that Swoosh became the e-mail lib of choice for Phoenix, I am wondering whether something similar to Bamboo’s auto-show could be easily achieved with it. I wasn’t a huge fan of browser window/tab popping on every message sent but it was better than having to find the appropriate window/tab with Swoosh /dev/mailbox and refreshing it manually to check if/what has been just sent.

Is there maybe an option to make it either auto-refresh on new messages or at least pop a new window/tab (similar to what Bamboo does) on such occasion?

2 Likes

I get your point about Phoenix picking Swoosh and providing great experience out of the box, but in reality this has nothing to do with Phoenix and it’s a feature request to Swoosh.

I don’t think so. I’d say the only “option” is to send a PR to the Swoosh team or at least open up an issue to kick-off the discussion.

I understand that Swoosh is not part of Phoenix. My question was rather to be read as “since Phoenix experts chose it to be the default for Phoenix, maybe those or other Phoenix experts know about things I am missing and this is already possible out of the box”.

1 Like