cblavier
Hey there ![]()
A few days ago I extracted a lot of functions I’m using in 2 different projects (one large phoenix LiveView project and a small PETAL app)
https://github.com/cblavier/phx_component_helpers
It basically answers to the following needs:
- quickly package UI code into live_components
- make components extensible from the templates (in the spirit of Tailwind & Alpine)
- less boilerplate possible.
I first tried Surface, and even if I was impressed, it felt too heavy for me (btw it has more line of codes than LiveView itself) and I’d really prefer to stay closer to the underlying library (LiveView)
Let me know what you think of this lib ![]()
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New
Other Trending Topics
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
cblavier
0.7.0 just landed with improved support for form errors
cblavier
0.8.0
I’m still (I guess) the sole user of this library, but for whatever reason I’m polishing it as if it were to be used by thousands
https://github.com/cblavier/phx_component_helpers/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md
cblavier
Just released 0.9.0 with new
forward_assign/2that will help writing nested components (you often need to propagate part of assigns to a child component)Feature-wise there is now everything I wanted in this library.
It just needs a bit more example & documentation before a proper 1.0 release
crova
Pas mal tout ça.
I have a form I need to refactor and I might give it a shot while testing your library.
Thanks for continuing working on it and giving us heads-up, I missed the other announcements.
cblavier
Thank you @crova !
I will actually provide a form code sample very soon. I will post here as soon as it is published!
cblavier
A glimpse of some of the components we’re writing with

phx_component_helpersA table with infinite scroll, sticky headers, sorting, filtering, placeholder, result counter … coming for really cheap to our front-end developpers
Code source is really neat with proper component encapsulation
cenotaph
Really good work! Is it the alpine js keeping the left hand side of the page static where the right hand side updates only?
cblavier
No alpine there: only using plain JS (there is actually a single 50 loc JS file for the infinite scroll hook).
The static sidebar on the left is part of the layout, no special trick here, LiveView doesn’t know anything about the layout.
We also use Turbolinks to manage page to page navigation.
cblavier
As we started to get an ever growing list of components and were also looking to get stronger UI guidelines (I’m looking at you Tailwind colors
) we built our own storybook (inspired from React’s)
Here is a preview:
https://s3.gifyu.com/images/storybook.gif
te_chris
Liveview storybook is super interesting to us. We have a LOT of components.