tmartin8080
Sharing some articles I’ve written recently while working in Elixir.
Some are how-to guides and others for reference. Will update this post as things are added.
Thanks for reading and hopefully you find something useful!
- Elixir Concepts - Data Types - 2019-12-31
- phxroad.com
Trending in Blog Posts
After writing about the importance of executable evidence and explaining how I’m using doctests to document known limitations and moduled...
New
Up until then, I found it very hard to communicate to LLMs that I specifically do not want to handle X case because maybe it has never ha...
New
Hi all,
I’ve built a small demo app to understand what an “AI agent” actually is under the hood, and to show it with Elixir’s own tools ...
New
In Elixir, send/2 is non-blocking, which means an eager producer can easily flood a slow consumer’s mailbox. Because BEAM process mailbox...
New
The words are insufficient to describe what transpired. What we tried to do met what the people wanted it to be. It became beautiful.
Th...
New
Secure boot and a verified root filesystem on an STM32MP157F-DK2 - with Nerves of course
Four links of an authenticated boot chain on an ...
New
I wrote a longread on how do I test code. Everything I gained from 10 years of experience writing code without any testing and 20 years w...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
venomnert
Just came across your website looks pretty good!
sfusato
The pagination seems to be off. For example, I’m on https://phxroad.com/page/2/, but I still see:
Page 1 of 2 (Older articles)instead of(Newer Articles) Page 2 of 2.Actually, “both pages” seem to be identical in content.
tmartin8080
Oh interesting. Thanks. I’ll take a look
tmartin8080
Hopefully following the guidelines,
New post on handling ENV variables in Phoenix
tmartin8080
Just published a new series on Deploying Phoenix with Edeliver and Distillery to Ubuntu, designed for those getting started with Elixir and deployment.
https://phxroad.com/devops/deploy-elixir-phoenix-ubuntu-vps
Some highlights: