sahilpaudel
While checking my API metrics in new relic and found queries are getting executed with response time in a few ms, but there is a field for #PID<0.30881.849> which took 300ms+ to process.
Below is the table
| Category | Slowest components | Count | Duration | % |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| pid<0.30881.849> | pid<0.30881.849> | 1 | 379 ms | 97% |
| Database | Postgres rules_engine_test_cases select | 1 | 2 ms | 1% |
| Database | Postgres rules_engine_conditions select | 1 | 1 ms | 0% |
| Database | Postgres rules_engine_results select | 1 | 1 ms | 0% |
| Database | Postgres rules_engine_new_audit_logs insert | 1 | 1 ms | 0% |
| WebTransaction | /Diamond.Web.RuleSetController/select_evaluate | 1 | 0 ms | 0% |
| Remainder | Remainder | 1 | 7 ms | 2% |
| Total time | 391 ms | 100% |
Can you please help me understand this as it is causing few timeouts as well?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
hauleth
Without knowledge of what is that PID doing and how it is implemented, then it is quite hard to tell.
sahilpaudel
It is an old code and I got to work on it.
PID is the process id that is processing the current request I guess.
sahilpaudel
It will just show that the PID is taking 300ms
sahilpaudel
All I can find in the new relic is Application code (in pid<0.21415.227>) is taking 99% of the total processing time which is 5690ms which is huge.
Can you please help me understand from the new relic perspective @binaryseed
wanton7
Reason why you are not getting almost any answers is that what you are asking is basically someone else to do your work for you. Also they can’t give you any answers because they don’t have access to your code and if they did they would have to what you need to do and that is to find out what part of your code is slow. If someone asked something like that from you would you be able to answer?
I don’t work with Elixir professionally but first thing I would do is to find out what parameters where given to the request. Then try to get same problem appear in your local environment and start profiling. I haven’t yet used any Elixir/BEAM profiling tools because I haven’t had any performance problems with my small projects. With small bit of googling I found this blog how to do performance profiling in Elixir https://medium.com/@victor.nascimento/an-elixir-performance-tooling-story-c5c85479063a
Sebb
Here is an example how you could tackle this: