script
Hi,
I have pigeon configured and I have obtained the certificates as mentioned in the documentation by converting key.12 and cert.12 into key.pem and cert.pem on a command line. But when I try to test the notification on the console. I am getting these logs and then the response is timeout. It’s my first time playing with push notifications.
00:40:15.086 function=decode/3 module=ssl_alert [info] TLS :client: In state :cipher received
SERVER ALERT: Fatal - Unknown CA
00:40:16.062 function=decode/3 module=ssl_alert [info] TLS :client: In state :cipher received
SERVER ALERT: Fatal - Unknown CA
00:40:17.150 function=decode/3 module=ssl_alert [info] TLS :client: In state :cipher received
SERVER ALERT: Fatal - Unknown CA
%Pigeon.APNS.Notification{
collapse_id: nil,
device_token:
"83a1497681c2e9",
expiration: nil,
id: nil,
payload: %{"aps" => %{"alert" => "testing push notification"}},
priority: nil,
push_type: "alert",
response: :timeout,
topic: "topic_name"
}
Pigeon version is 0.14 and the configuration is below:
It’s a umbrella application and these settings are present in the root config file.
config :pigeon, :apns,
apns_default: %{
cert: "priv/certs/cert.pem",
key: "priv/certs/key_unencrypted.pem",
mode: :dev
}
Any help will be much appreciaated.
Thank you
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
hpopp
Pigeon 0.14 is quite an old version, I’d recommend upgrading to 1.6. Also, what version of Kadabra are you using?
script
Sorry, my bad, the pigeon version is 1.4.0 and Kadabra version is 0.4.
script
After upgrading to the latest version of pigeon. I am getting the same error.
hpopp
Did you update to Kadabra 0.6 as well? There have been changes with the CA validation.