danish

danish

Hi all,

I am using Pigeon library to manage mobile push notifications until now I’ve only had the need of having one fcm/apns key in config like shown below, I am looking to add a second key for fcm how would that be possible. I have looked around not seen anything clear on this scenario.

config :pigeon,
       :apns,
       apns_default: %{
         cert: System.get_env("APNS_CERT"),
         key: System.get_env("APNS_KEY"),
         mode: :dev
       }
config :pigeon,
       :fcm,
       fcm_default: %{
         key: System.get_env("FCM_KEY")
       },

Any help/suggestion is welcome.

Many thanks in advance.

Showing Posts 1 to 9

hauleth

hauleth

Does this answers to your question?

Maxtonx

Maxtonx

Hey. Can you tell me what is registration id when you’re sending the message like this

 msg = %{"body" => "your message"}
 n = Pigeon.FCM.Notification.new("your device registration ID", msg)

Is it the same as sender id ?

danish

danish OP

Hi,

The registration ID is the token created by the device, i.e the receiving device.

Maxtonx

Maxtonx

How do I get that token? I’m connected to real android device

NeutronStein

NeutronStein

Your android app should send the token to the server for storage. Once stored you can use it to send notifications to device.

danish

danish OP

This isn’t generated on elixir app, its on your android app.

check this guide: How do I use Push Notifications with Android? | How To - LiveCode Mobile Tasks | LiveCode Lessons

Maxtonx

Maxtonx

Yeah I solved it. I didn’t know this concept. Just read it.

Maxtonx

Maxtonx

I was using flutter so here it’s given how you can send the token

danish

danish OP

I believe it would be more appropriate to post for help on a flutter forum.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews