MichelDiz
Here we go https://dgraph.io/
Dgraph is a very powerful graphical database. It is still undergoing changes, but I believe it is one of the best it has today. Although it is changing a lot adding new features.
They support Post HTTP, gRPC, and so on. I imagine it would be simple now use these supports they give us. However, I believe a more native support. Using gRPC or even some simple integration solution that can natively understand Dgraph for Elixir.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
idi527
There is GitHub - elbow-jason/dgraph_ex: A database wrapper and http client for dgraph · GitHub already. It seems to not be using grpc, though
WolfDan
That can be really cool, I’ve working with Dgraph for about a month (I created a PR to dgraphex to support virtual fields and resolvers), is pretty cool and the new update is very promising, but as I mention in that post Elixir don’t have any functional Grpc library so it will make harder to support Dgraph for elixir
For the moment I’ve working in a parser to Absinthe request to Dgraph request, but seems like it will be obsolete when the 0.9 will be release, so I’m thinking if really continue using Dgraph or just stick to another solution…
MichelDiz
Google Trolled me…
I swear I looked for something related to Dgraph and Elixir and found nothing promising. What you’re showing me gave me hope LOLLL Thank you!!
MichelDiz
I saw your comment with the Dgraph staff. Manish said that in the future they may can give support. I made a post there commenting on switching from Go lang to Elixir the Dgraph Client code. Just a silly topic about Go lang and Elixir lang - Users - Discuss Dgraph
idi527
Whenever I try to find a library for a language, I start with github, not google.
For example, in this case I typed
dgraph language:Elixirinto github’s search field andelbow-jason/dgraph_ex3was the only result.MichelDiz
see this idea here
https://github.com/luin/ioredis/issues/518#issuecomment-330018801
This “Join-Monster” has a very interesting and abstract concept. If we had something similar for a module for Elixir + Dgraph. It would be the holy grail. For it would not depend on much (Although something native would be better).And except for new endpoints that Dgraph staff may change again in the future.
Join-Monster copies both Schema and resolves and acts as a middleware. Sending to the database (Postgress, MySQL or something) the exact query that a Dgraph Client uses. That is, Join-Monster adapts to the user’s Schema and the client query. DgraphQL does something similar.
MichelDiz
I usually search for articles. For if I go searching in GitHub I will see hundreds of repositories that escape my goal. Google in thesis would give me an accurate result if there were blogs or other sources talking about the topic. Abstract searches are best with search engines.
WolfDan
Sorry for the late response. I’ve been really busy ^^’
It look pretty cool! As I can see you can achieve the same with Ecto (look absinthe ecto) but there is not something that batch all the construct joins and so on (for the moment), I’ve been very tempted to make a library on Ecto for DGraph but I’m really sure if they can fill that well as I’m thinking ^^’
f34nk
Hello,
since dgraph_ex currently only supports Dgraph v0.8x and there were some breaking changes in Dgraph v1.x, I opened an issue a few days ago.
The original author seems to be busy. So I forked the project and created a branch with support of Dgraph v1.x.
This fork is a work in progress to quickly add support for Dgraph v1.x.
Please check out the README for more infos.
ospaarmann
I started writing a client based on gRPC. You can find it here.. Please note that this is work in progress and not at all done.
Any suggestions and contributions are very welcome!