Podcast: Thinking Elixir News 138

News covers the new Phoenix.Template project, upcoming Nx work for Elixir using multiple GPUs, benefits of Elixir as seen by new people learning it, integrating the Trix JS WYSIWYG editor with LiveView, a new service called “Code Code Ship” that aims to make commercial Hex packages a thing in the Elixir space, and more!

3 Likes

I’ve been wanting to write you guys for a while now, this podcast is one of the highlights of my week! It’s just so well done, content, speakers, sound quality, everything’s spot on. I discover every week something interesting and it’s enough for me to keep up to date with what’s happening in the ecosystem.

This is one of the reasons I love Elixir. Even though there are not that many resources out there, the ones that are available are high quality!

Hope you guys don’t get tired of producing it and it’ll be around for a long time :slight_smile:

Keep it up and thank you for doing this!

11 Likes

Thanks @ajur58! It’s good to hear how the show is helpful or enjoyable for people. :smiley:

2 Likes

Commit link is broken ?
https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix_template/commit/d6098a7f647911f68149196c7ec19c9fba935a85l?utm_source=thinkingelixir&utm_medium=shownotes

should have been

Thank you

1 Like

Thanks! Corrected it.

2 Likes

Agreed!

I’m looking forward to the next interview but even the short format news segments have been interesting and insightful. Keep it up!

2 Likes

Ah nice! Just noticed it’s 8 minutes long - reminds me of Ruby 5 - you could call these Elixir in Eight :003:

Creating the same kind of app to present the content could be a nice little project for you too:

There used to a brilliant Ruby podcast called Ruby 5, and apart from aiming to be around 5 mins per episode (which is perfect for me personally) they had visual indicators of where you were while listening too, and those sections expanded with further info when they were the current topic. It’s no longer around now but here’s an archive.org snapshot: Ruby5 - Episode #504 - October 21st, 2014 (you can hit play, but unfortunately it seems to loop after a minute or so - but you can see what I mean about the title/section updates).

1 Like

Yes, we’ve got several interviews lined up. I do enjoy having the deeper discussions too. I learn a lot in the process. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I used to listen to Ruby 5 as well. Good times… good times… :slight_smile:

1 Like